Mi Notebook Air | Accessible. Affordable. Design.
Xiaomi, the company in just five years, has reached very high levels, and at the moment, thanks to the excellent value for money, it is one of the top representatives in the modern smartphone market
Now, Xiaomi intends to expand its field of activities and seriously to take on the development of modern notebook; it has finally announced its long-rumored entry into the PC category, with its first laptop – the Mi Notebook Air – featuring an all metal body. As the name implies, it’s going after Apple’s hugely successful Macbook Air. Let’s have a quick review.
- Two variants: 12.5-inch and 13.3-inch
- Feature a full metal body and a full-HD display
- Laptops are slimmer than their Apple counterparts
13.3 inch Mi Notebook Air
The Mi Notebook Air of 13.3-inch has laminated display to reduce glare and edge-to-edge glass protection and has a 5.59mm-thick bezel. Despite the same screen size, the Mi Notebook Air bears an 11-percent smaller body than the MacBook Air, and the laptop is 14.8mm thick. The processor is a 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo up to 2.7GHz), with 8GB of RAM, and 128GB of flash storage.
12.5 inch Mi Notebook Air
The 12.5′′ Mi notebook is slimmer and weighs less, coming in at 12.9mm (0.5 inches) and 1.07kg (2.3 pounds). It has laminated display to reduce glare and edge-to-edge glass protection. The processor is an Intel Core M3 CPU, and it includes 4GB of RAM, a 128GB SSD, one USB 3.0 port and an HDMI port. The battery life is much better on this version, which lets you enjoy two additional hours compared to the 13′′ model.
Both Mi Notebook Air models regarding ports has an HDMI port, two USB 3.0 ports, a Type-C USB port for charging and 3.5 mm headphone jack. The new Mi Notebook Air comes with a full-size keyboard with individually backlit keys, and the company claims this keyboard is ultra- thin with 1.3 mm keystroke depth. Also feature Mi Cloud Sync, letting users sync their phone contacts, messages, gallery, notes, and other data.
• The discrete Nvidia Geforce 940MX graphics card and 256GB SSD storage that come standard on the Xiaomi. Not having to share the memory to process games and graphic intensive applications means the Mi notebook is going to work well for gamers and designers.
• What xiaomi is boasting of is unlock support via the Mi Band 2, enabled by the laptops Bluetooth v4.1 connectivity.
Mi Notebook Air propels on two pillars — premium design and low price. It has built an actual notebook and not a convertible or a 2-in-1, which clearly suggests the company is not betting on ideas, rather getting into what has been working well for years now. This price component may play a fundamental role for successful entry into the market of the company Xiaomi laptops, and of course, the price will be a factor of pressure on the industry leading companies – Apple, Lenovo, HP and others. At a bargain price of approximately Rs 37,250 and Rs 51,400. There is just nothing to complain about. While Xiaomi plans to sell the Mi Notebook Air only in China for now but later on it will spread its wing to different countries including India.
Latest posts by Trishla Gupta (see all)
- Family Locator | Stay connected to people who matters - November 22, 2016
- Exciting Diwali Gifts for your Dear Ones - October 29, 2016
- Behind the Pixel | Google’s first real threat to Apple’s iPhone - October 8, 2016
Join Techczar Email Newsletter
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.